[IP] Re: Accu-check meter

>When I was in the hospital, I was told, "If you have to get diabetes, 1985
>is the year to get it."

>Many times, retrospectively, I have thought how right they were.  Not that
>it wouldn't be better to get it NOW, but that it was good to miss the years
>of urine testing, of glass syringes, of diabetes management by the seat of
>one's pants.

Kristin - I had to laugh when you said you were told that 1985 was a good year
to get diabetes.  They told my duaghter 2002 was a good year and she was lucky
to have missed the urine testing, etc. that I went through.  Yes, we did
manage by the seat of our pants.  It seems that when I was diagnosed, they
were celebrating the 50 year anniversary of the invention of insulin so there
was the reminder that before that time would have been a very bad time to be a

Type 1 - 29 1/2 years