[IP] Re: Appearance of pumps

I know for my 18 year old daughter, the appearance of the pump will be a
primary concern and if it means that her choice will be the "out of network"
choice for my insurance, I think I will just pay the extra money and be happy
she has a pump she feels comfortable with.  I have to admit that looks was
also one of my concerns.  Almost 4 years ago I picked the Minimed 507C in blue
because I felt it was a more optimistic color even as a 40 something year old.
And by the way I have had almost no problems with it and have had wonderful
customer service on the few times I have needed it.

I think I'm due for an upgrade if my insurance will pay for it and am thinking
I would like to get whatever type my daughter would get (I'm sure if it is
cool enough for her , it would be cool enough for me!) because then when she
has questions, I can better help.  I know this has come in handy when she has
had questions about her One Touch Ulta meter and I'm helping her over the
phone.  I told her she could get what ever meter she wanted but was glad she
picked the one I had.

Age 45, Type 1 - 29 1/2 years, pumping 3 1/2 years
and daughter Melinda age 18 - Type 1 - 4 months, MDI