Re: [IP] Student Insurance

>  I think this may be more of a lucky acception than a rule. I go to the
> University of Maine where the school's insurance plan does not cover any
> medical conditions. Fortunately I'm still covered for the moment under my
> parents insurance.
> Phoenix

You are probably better off with your parents insurance.  However, if you
have held that insurance for 18 months or more, that you are automatically
eligible for switching to another insurance company with out any prior

You'll need to get a statement of portability from your parents insurance
company, but that is all.

Again, you are probably better of with the insurance you have now.  But when
the time comes this could save you some trouble.