Re: [IP] Any good stories about the Paradigm?????

>I realize that there have been many, many problems with the Paradigm, but
>would like to hear from those of you (if there are any) who have not had
>major problems.  We are in the process of upgrading my daughter's pump
>and can get a Paradigm for no cost - Deltec & Animas would cost us around
>$1000.  Disetronic is out due to size and the fact that it's "just too
>ugly and conspicuous" (direct quote from 18 year old - what can you do!).
>Liz B.

One thing to keep in mind is that the absence of a comment USUALLY means
their experience is fine.

The fact is, the vast majority of pump owners out there are Minimed owners
(not sure about the Pardigm specifically).  So, you would expect to hear
more comments about the Pardigm than any other pump.  Plus, once someone
complains about something, everyone else is more likely to speak up even if
they wouldn't otherwise.  In other words, the many negative comments heard
hear is not necessarily reflective of Minimed or the Paradigm in general.
(A few months back, the Maude site had far more complaints registered to the
Animas pumps than the Paradigm...but, since there are far fewer Animas users
than Paradigm users at least at that time, that actually means, going
strictly by those complaints/problems, the Animas is a worse pump than the
Paradigm...which obviously also isn't true.)

As they say, don't look at a hospital in order to determine the average
health of the population.

That being said, there certainly ARE problems with the Paradigm (as there
are with other pumps).  I, however, have had not a single issue with my
Paradigm in the almost 9 months I've had it now.  Minimed customer service
has been nothing but helpful.  So count me as a "good story".