Re: [IP] insurance problems

My insurance company classifies test strips and lancets (and ketostix
and glucagon) as durable medical equipment and we have to go to their
durable medical equipment provider to get them, not our regular
pharmacy. Yu might check to see if this is the case for you. Otherwise,
I remember when my Daughter was first diagnosed, the social worker came
in and asked for some info to make sure that the coast of the diabetic
supplies would be "affordable" for our family. Michigan apparently has
some kind of program to insure supplies for those without the means to
purchase them on their own, but that's all I know about it. Your
endocrinologist should have a social worker who might be able to assist
you in determining where the supplies for you will be coming from.
Good luck!

mom to Patrick, 16, Sean 14, Catherine, 11, and Veronica, 7, dxd 3/11/02