[IP] Diabetes Mentor & Mac cabling

 Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm using my older Bondie Blue iMac,
version of Diabetes Mentor software, One Touch Ultra interface cable==> a 25
male pin - 9 female pin adapter ==>Keyspan 9 male pin to usb adapter==>iMac.
 When I try to "retrieve data from meter" whilst in the program, the "PC"
 come up on the meter but the program fails to make a connection and asks that I
check my cable connections. Anybody have any ideas?