[IP] re: individual health coverage

I am a student working on my master's in education and work part time, so it
is up to me to cover myself.  It is HARD.  I have blue cross blue shield of
missouri and for individuals (those who are self employed or are not covered
by employer) I pay $441.00 a month!  Yes, my life is now very limited because
of this.....this is more than I use to pay for rent!  A month ago, I found an
insurance agent for health insurance, and she said that for an individual, I
have the best rate.  I know, it is unfair.....if I didn't have diabetes, I'd
pay about $150 a month and if I were a diabetic male, I'd pay $200 less a
It really sucks and is humanly unjust.

<<<I need some information from all of the IPers.  I hope to be starting my
business in the next couple years.  What I'm interested in is
information/ideas on obtainin health insurance.  I know there are many
members on this list that aren't covered by health insurance through places
of employment.  From the 4000+ members, there MUST be someone that has their
own business and has procured health insurance in other ways.  Can any of
you help me?  Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

Lea I