In a message dated 3/7/2003 7:22:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Could someone explain to me what policy or proceedure they needed to
> get a c-peptide reading low enough to qualify for insurance purposes...
> can you get a pump without the c-peptide being low?  I never needed one
> for my insurance to get me the pump but I was wondering how this is done
> if anyone has any experience or advice on this one.

Every insurance company has different criteria for getting a pump.  SOme make
it very difficult, requiring you to fight their denials (your pump company &
doc should help you with this) -- while others seem to approve pumps quickly
and easily.  The only on *that I've heard of" though who uses the c-peptide
test as criteria for qualifying is with Medicare . . .

Pumpmama to Katie