[IP] Itchy (and irritated) sites

OK, any suggestions?  I'm getting kind of desperate (desperately itchy
<gr.>).  After 4 1/2 years of pumping, the last year or so using a
comfort and almost 3 before that using a silhouette, I am having real
problems with itching and irritation in the sites, sometimes within a
few hours of putting them in.  Last month, I had had several sites that
were not only uncomfortable but also seemed to work less well as they
got irritated.  I changed from Humalog to Novolog 3 weeks ago, and the
first site with the novolog was all right,  but it seems like each
succeeding one has been progressively worse, although they all have
still been working when I changed them.  I have experimented with IV
Prep and no IV Prep, inserting through IV3000 tape and no tape, but the
problem certainly seems to be centered around the insertion site
itself, not the area around it.  The sites do heal fairly quickly.

Animas is supposed to be sending me some Ultraflex sets, which I asked
for thinking that maybe if I was inserting into a different level of
skin I would do better, having used the silhouettes/comforts for so
long.  But, since the problem seems to be occurring in a couple sites I
don't think I've ever used before, I am skeptical that is really going
to help. I have not been able to reach the local Animas clinical
person.  At the moment, I am not changing sites until they get sore
(which has lately been by 2 - 2 1/2 days), because the itchiness starts
within hours  (luckily, it comes and goes).

Has anyone ever had reaction to a particular lot of an infusion set? I
know I have been using sets from 1 lot during most of this -- I think
it started before I opened the first box, but it is possible that was
the beginning.

Linda Z