[IP] Cozmo Carb dosing - Reasons for it

One of the question we had early this week was how to set up the Cozmo with
different carb to insulin ratios. If you have a 15 to 1 ratio for breakfast,
a 20 to 1 ratio for lunch, a 10 to 1 ratio for a certain food type, you
preprogram the ratios. Then when you eat you just enter the type of meal and
the carbs. Toast and oatmeal is a favorite meal of mine and I will sometimes
have it for meals other than breakfast. Regardless of when I have it the
carbs are 77 g. I don't have to remember that is 5.1 units for breakfast and
7.7 units for lunch (using ratios above). If is always 77 g. of carbs.

I would also think that carb dosing would make it much easier on care givers
(school and otherwise) to assist young pumpers in getting the correct dose.
We had a post about training the care givers at school. Testing bg, calling
the parent to get the correct dosage. With the Cozmo, the pump can take the
carb grams and the bg and determine the correct dose. Now if the parent did
not feel comfortable with the care giver doing this they don't have to use
this feature. I just think it would good.

Sue (Memphis)
Dx 01/29/02
Cozmo Pumping 01/07/03