Re: [IP] cozmo dosing units vs carbs

Responding: Are you telling me you have to do all that for EVERY bolus! what
a pain in the  butt! Isn't there an express bolus or something?? I just push
3 buttons on my paradigm and I'm done! And can you do a audio bolus??

You can program the Cozmo to be as dumb or as smart as you choose. If you do
not want to have the option of combining a correction bolus with your meal
bolus, you can set the pump up to do that. If you don't want the various
bolus options, you can set the pump up without them.  If you get rid of the
all of these options then you would just enter your units  and hit deliver.

I guess if you have been doing your own dosing for a long time then maybe
you just want to tell the pump what to bolus and be done with it. I have not
been at this all that long and I REALLY, REALLY like having the pump take
all of these variables into consideration in determining my bolus:

(1) the carb grams as you input
(2) your current bg as you input
(3) your pre-programmed target bg
(4) your pre-programmed insulin to carb ratio (ie. 1 unit of insulin to 20 g
of carbs)
(5) your pre-programmed point drop per unit of insulin
(6) the amount of insulin already on board and
(7) your pre-programmed duration of your insulin.

I guess the good thing about the Cozmo is that it can be what you want it to
be. And yes it does have an audio bolus. (btw, I timed a bolus using 25 g,
no correction and it took less than 10 seconds)

Sue (Memphis)
Dx 01/29/02
Cozmo Pumping 01/07/03