Re: [IP] OneTouch UltraSmart - dissappointed (long)

> Doing a google search, I pulled up an FDA doc of Lifescan declaring it's
> intent to market the UltraSmart (http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/pdf2/k021819.pdf)
> and stating in that document "The meter includes a data port that enables
> the user to download electronic logbook data to a personal computer" I
> the data port and the cable, but it sure doesn't allow me to download my
> data.

This worries me a little.  I am one of those people who lacks the self
discipline of keeping a log book.  My doctor, however, always downloads my
meter at my appointments.

I wanted a meter that would store more readings than ten days to two weeks,
and as an Ultra user, the UltraSmart appealed to me.  But if my doctor can't
download it, maybe I'd better stick to a plain old Ultra.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990