Re: [IP] Request information on Animas/MiniMed/DTRON Plus

>It depends on your definition.  I was told that it was "water tight".
>doctor said that this means that if it gets splashed with water, or
>accidentally falls into the bath tub for a moment, it's not going to
>it.  But they said it means that you cannot go swimming with it, or
>it in water.  Please don't tell me they're wrong.  lol  I don't want to
>think I had my parents get me a second pump for nothing!

Your doctor is wrong in this case.  "Water tight" means what MOST
people mean when they say waterproof.  The MM Paradigm is essentially
waterproof up to a depth of 8 ft for 24 hours.  The term "water tight"
is used to legally differentiate that from something that can NEVER be
damaged in water.  You can swim in the Paradigm all you want.  (I doubt
you swim for 24 hours.  :-)  I've swimmed in my Paradigm plenty of

THe definition your doctor is applying to "water tight" is actually the
definition of "water resisitant".  The MM 508 and prior pumps
were "water resistant", meaning they should not be submerged in
water...but getting them a little wet shouldn't be problematic.

Finally, originally the Paradigm was rated IPX 7, meaning you could
have it submerged to a depth of 8 ft for up to 30 minutes.  Later, it
was "upgraded" to IPX 8 (8 ft for up to 24 hours).  The reason wasn't
because the pump changed...but because they finally got around to
running the necessary tests to legally be able to advertise it as
IPX8.  Technically, it was ALWAYS capable of IPX 8, but never had been
fully tested.