RE [IP] Number of insulin vials monthly - wasted insulin

i was a little curious about this. Why do we have to change the tubing (or
cartridge) at all.
the site is one thing, but, there doesnt appear to be any infection issue
with the other stuff.
Also, a few people memtioned drawing the insulin, back into the vial.
I called Disetronic. There response was, that insulin is a "crystalline
structure". After a FEW DAYS,
crystals will begin to build up, in the tubing, and the vial walls. in the
case of the tubing, it COULD cause a blockage.
I guess the same applies to the cartridge. They said, that a week, was the
max. YMMV