Re: [IP] DELETE THIS POST!!!! do not BLOCK any address

At 3/5/2003, 08:14 PM George Lovelace wrote:
 >This is an advisory for those on the list who really do not like
 >receiving mail from any individual or group.  Do NOT put a block on
 >any address, whether it is a part of Insulin Pumpers or an individual
 >member.  That only causes great headaches for the Administrators to
 >deal with bounced mail, and we don't have time for it  (we also have
 >to earn a living to pay for our insulin too)

I totally concur with what George has just said. I've been handling the
bounced messages for most of this week and there are hundreds of them!!
Each bounce has to be researched and dealt with one-at-a-time. The most
common reasons for bounces are:

1. Mailbox full (the most common reason).
2. Change in email address (without contacting the Help address first)
3. Blocks or spam filters from either the user or ISP that refuse mail from
the list.
4. ISP problems of various kinds.

Any help that you can provide, in order to reduce these bounces will be
greatly appreciated by all of us.

Sam Skopp
(who also has a job and family)