[IP] RE: Induo

I looked at the InNovo injector (the insulin delivery portion of the
Induo) recently when I started on MDI.  I liked some of the features,
but there were two reasons I didn't choose it.

1. It is big and clunky.  I like the size and form of the Novopen much better.
2. The injector portion has batteries that cannot  be changed (the
batteries for the meter portion are separate, and can be changed).
When they die, it has to go back to the mfg. for replacement.  This
means you switch to standard needles while it's out, or you buy

As a backup device the first issue is not a major one, the second
issue makes it seem to me that it InNovo/InDuo would not be a good
choice for a backup system to the Pump.  While your pump is working,
the injector is sitting on the shelf and it's batteries are slowly
dying.  Remember that batteries have a limited shelf life, and they
could be dead before you ever use the device once.

What I would like to have is a better Pen.  I used a NovoPen 1.5 for
years, but had to switch since I can't seem to get NovoLog in 1.5ml
cartridges.  The NovoPen 3 is similar, but doesn't do 1/2 units or
anything less than 2 units.  The NovoPen Jr does both, but looks
silly.  Of course if I could get Aetna to approve my Cozmo, I
wouldn't need one at all.

"Never offend people with style when you can
offend them with substance." --Sam Brown