[IP] Deltec Support

For those of you still trying to decide to trust Deltec with your insulin
pumping needs and wanting to know more aobut how the company handles tech
support.....I Had to call them this weekend.

I am a lifeguard and simming instructor at a local athletic club.  On
saturday I went to work to teach a few private lessons.  I wore my pump in
the water, naturally.  When I got out it looked like there was some water
between the cartridge and the viewing window.  I was concerned that the pump
may have been comprimised so I called customer support.  This was at about
3PM PST on saturday.  I left my name and number with an answering service
person and recieved a call back from a clinician with in 30 minutes.  I
think that she was paged at home cause I could hear what sounded like
kitchen noises in the bkgnd.  She said I was the first person she knew of
with this problem and tried to look it up in a few books.  She found no
documentation and had me perform some tests on the pump.  It was working
fine so she said to keep using it unless something went wrong and call back
if it did.  She told me she would call design engineers on monday and ask
them what the deal was and would get back to me.  She never called back but
the pump is still working and I have changed out the cartridge since then.

All in all I think that the service was good.  I felt like I was taken care
of and that the rep cared about solving my problem.  I would have loved a
call on monday for my own peace of mind but I am not holfding my breath.

There you go.  As always e-mail me if you have questions for me

(dx'd 1999 pumping with Ayasha the Cozmo since 2/24/03)