[IP] my paradigm fiasco

Yesterday, I had an episode with static electricity and my pump dying.  I felt
very threatened and scared- I had faith in them where I wouldn't need an
unknown "backup plan".  They could at least supply us with 2 pumps like
disetronic.  My pump is fine now and the replacement came today, but not sure
if I want to keep someone else's refurbished pump.  I am thinking about
switching from mini med to someone else where I know I am safe and can have a
backup pump.
Maybe I am overreacting, but this is become a BIG deal to me.  Mini med
doesn't have to be so cheap- they can give us backups.  I feel like their
guinea pig and I hate it.  If anyone has any suggestions or comments, I'd love
to hear them.