[IP] numbness in heel

Has anyone ever heard of suddenly getting total numbness in the heel of your
foot?  My 16 year old son suddenly got this along with pain in his calf.
He's also dizzy.  I took him to the internist who said everything was normal
on exam (LOL), but drew blood to make sure.  He had no answers as to what it
could be except the usual, "it's probably the flu."  What do you all think?