Re: [IP] Re: wasted insulin

Here's what I do to get that many units in(not using any old insulin, just
from the bottle):
1. Connect reservoir to insulin bottle, and fill reservoir as you normally
2. Connect reservoir to the tubing (with plunger still attached), and prime
tubing using the plunger.
3. Connect reservoir back to insulin bottle, and fill as full as you
possibly can (to where the bottom part of the reservoir is sticking slightly
out from the bottom of the resovoir) getting rid of any bubbles, of course.
4. Connect reservoir to the tubing, and you shouldn't have to prime much at
all using the pump.
Put in the site, etc., etc.

YMMV, but I usually get 170-173 units doing this.

Type 1 8 years, pumping with Buzz the MM Paradigm 9 months.