[IP] Yogurt, was a lot of problems..

From: Liz Davis <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Yogurt, was a lot of problems.. anyone else???

At 02:41 PM 3/3/03 -0600, you wrote:
 >> one or a different variety? Many times also, when a woman is on an
a.b. it
 >> causes a vaginal infection - there is a med that can counteract
that. I
 >> forget what it is - maybe even Yogurt - but someone will probably
know and
 >> will offer advice.
 >Yogurt is a good idea for preventing yeast infections, but I would
take it a
 >step further.  Many drugstores have acidophilus supplements.
Sometimes they
 >require refrigeration so be sure to check.  I would take the
 >Yogurt has acidophilus in it, but it also has sugar (even the light
 >has some sugar) which can contribute to a yeast problem.  The
 >pills will give you the acidophilus without the extra sugar.

Plain (not flavored) yogurt is delicious and does not have any added
at all.  You still need to calculate for the carbs in the milk
serving, but
that's it.  Brands that carry plain yogurt also tend to have more
acidophilous cultures as their yogurt is processed less.blah blah
blah...All of this is true and Liz's advice is good. you can glug down
a yoghurt with a meal. the culture will make your vagina very
inhospitable to candida albicans, the most common thing that sets up
shop and causes itching.also true for guys that get thrush. indians
mix tomato with cucumbers and other stuff to make a cooling salad
dressing called Raita. happy eating....spot

A L Bender. M, D.