[IP] Re: wasted insulin

 I just did a site change and I sucked all the old insulin out of the tubing
into the old res, then I attached the old res to the new tubing and manually
primed the tubing then quickly disconnected it from the empty old res and hooked
it to the new full res.
 By doing this there was no wasted insulin in the old tubing or reservior(well
maybe a few units) and with my paradigm there is no leur lock so no extra
insulin wasted in there.

 You need to be careful doing this to make sure you hook up to the new res
quickly as to not let air into the tubing near the reservior, I also prime one
more unit to watch the insulin fill the top of the tubing and make sure there's
no air.

OF COURSE I DO ALL THIS WHILE I'M DISCONNECTED!!
 I still only have 164 units in my reservior I don't knwo how some say they have
173 after all that!!!!

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm