Re: [IP] vomiting and ketones

*EVERY* time I have finally given in and gone to the ER with vomiting they
always say the same thing: "If you had come in earlier, you'd already be
home again feeling better."

>From one who hates to go to the ER but is learning her lesson,

Lisa Mattox
IDDM 26 years

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted> Please refresh my memory.  My 16 year old son (d. for
14 years) has vomited twice in 2 1/2 hours and has small ketones.  He looks
pale too.  He went to bed fine, sugar 131.  Woke up 2:30 at 311, corrected,
but the insulin went into a black hole!  He woke up at 4:00, 372, vomited,
small ketones.  Changed his site completely.  Now at 6 am., he's 290.  Do
you think he needs to go to the ER?  Should I wait?