[IP] vomiting and ketones

Please refresh my memory.  My 16 year old son (d. for 14 years) has vomited
twice in 2 1/2 hours and has small ketones.  He looks pale too.  He went to
bed fine, sugar 131.  Woke up 2:30 at 311, corrected, but the insulin went
into a black hole!  He woke up at 4:00, 372, vomited, small ketones.  Changed
his site completely.  Now at 6 am., he's 290.  Do you think he needs to go to
the ER?  Should I wait?