[IP] Why have I lost BG control?

Hi Folks,
    It's been awhile. I've been busy trying to earn my fortune <grin>.
    Here's the lowdown on the past couple of days. Saturday night I went to
bed about the same time I usually do. I do not have any apparent infection. I
know how to bolus for my foods and my basals are correct. I can recognize a
site failure and other pump related problems such as bad insulin.
    Saturday night after falling asleep I woke up I don't know how many times
from dreams. It was like I never went through all of the sleep stages. I know
we all dream but remember only a few of them because of how we wake up. I
remember about thirty nightmares, good dreams, and odd dreams from Saturday
night. I remember lucid dreaming and trying to wake myself up. It was
    About the tenth time or so of waking to a mostly conscious state I tested
my BG. It was high. I corrected. I calculated it about five times because I
had the oddest feeling that this might be another dream (They were so
realistic). By noon on Sunday I was at 84 mg/dl and just feeling exhausted.
However, I wanted to go to the Frick Art Museum to see a new display. I left
at 12:30 and by 2:30 I felt really bad. I went to the car and tested. I was
291! I corrected and it started to come down again. By 4:00 PM I was fine. Oh
yeah, I changed my site too just in case.
    I only eat once per day and have had great control the past few months so
it wasn't food that sent me high on Sunday. The only thing I can think of is
stress hormones from the horrible night of sleep.
    I ate a larger than normal meal Sunday night with a higher fat content
than usual, but I have had the EXACT same meal before and have learned how to
compensate for it. This time it didn't work. I go down after correcting but
right back up again real fast!
    As I said I don't have any apparent infection and have bolused correctly
from past experience with the same meal, but I can't keep my BG down. The only
differences are that I had the horrible night Saturday. I have been
continually losing weight since going on the pump for a total so far of 49
pounds. As of yet my basal requirement hasn't changed nor has my insulin to
carb ratio. I normally don't go low or high after meals.
    Has anyone else had any similar experience with this type of situation?
And if so would you tell me what you did to fix it?

Cody S. Alderson