[IP] Re: Birth Control Pills

I used Lo-estrin for years.  Even used it post-tubal
ligation for other reasons.  Lo-estrin USED TO HAVE
the lowest estrogen dose of all BCPs.  (Not any more).
 Every month, when I stopped taking them for 7 days,
my BG would drop through the floor.

At age 35 my gyn told me that I had to stop taking
them since I was "too old" and in the high risk
category of heart attacks since I'm diabetic.
Basically, BCPs are hormone replacement therapy for
young women.  I convinced my MD to let me stay on them
(coersion goes a long way) :)  I finally stopped
taking them last year after the HRT study came out (I
lost my mother to a pulmonary embolism).

You have to weigh the costs and benefits of taking
BCPs as you get older.  Hopefully, they will get even
safer as more is learned about the interaction and
relationship with other hormones in the body (like

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?