Re: [IP] bent needle

At 04:34 PM 3/2/03, Andrew Bender <email @ redacted>
>The bent needle as well as other needles are composed
of an alloy
>which often contains nickle.

This is why I had to go off pump therapy in 1988.  My
body had by then (3 years of pumping with nickle alloy
needles) developed such a strong response to the
nickle that within one minute of inserting it, the
site would swell up and itch so bad I couldn't use the
pump any longer.

It wasn't until 1992 or '93 that I discovered that
teflon had been introduced.  I HATED getting up at
2:00 a.m. to take a shot of regular (am resistant to
NPH).  Suffice it to say - being on the pump is the
ONLY way to go!

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?