[IP] Question for all the mothers with diabetes out there

Hi.  I was just wondering if I could get some advice or opinions from those
of you who have had a child since you have had diabetes.  I am about to be
25, have been married for five years, and my husband and I REALLY want to
start a family.  But there's a problem.  I have been diabetic since I was 10
and the diabetes has affected my kidneys.  I have been taking Zestril 20 mg
for almost ten years.  My kidney Dr. has said not to get pregnant.  She has
even suggested that I have a hysterectomy.  She did not tell me this
personally, she discussed it with my pediatric endo.  I saw her until I
turned 19.  She released me when I got married.  My pediatric endo said NEVER
to let anyone tell me that I should get a hysterectomy.  So, I don't know who
to believe or what to do.  I thought maybe someone out there may know
something I don't.  I would like if you could let me know about your
pregnancies, of any complications you may have had, or any problems in
general.  I am of the mind that I will never be able to have a baby, but
maybe that's not true.  I guess I'm really just needing some good advice.  If
you respond, please email me privately   email @ redacted  I would greatly
appreciate it.