[IP] Precision QID pen

I like to carry this meter in my purse since I can carry other necessary
stuff (#357 batts, nitropatches, Ketostix, swabs, instruction cards) in it
as well. It is a small wallet-type case.

Yesterday I had changed my site and 2 hrs later I was at church and tested -
I started with a 278, about an hour later 106. I had high BG symptoms but
thought I may be dropping too fast so ate an orange slice (11g carbs). About
45 min. later - still feeling bad/worse, tested at 306. I took a correction
bolus and tried to test about 1/2 hr later to see the trend. I got *err* on
the meter. I tried TEN TIMES and all were *err.* We were going to go to OCB
for another BOGO coupon with friends, but felt I should go home to my home
meter to see what was happening. 439!!!  I tried to test on the pen again
and got *err* - now, this is a 20-sec. meter and it never got past about
17-18 seconds to go. The *err* tests did not complete, just stopped early.

I called Medisense to find out what was going on. I got Q's like:
What meds are you on? (hmmmmmm)
Is this your first meter (understandable)
Are you being treated for any other health problems? (hmmmmmmm)

I had told her I've had DM 52+ years and testing 22 years. I couldn't see
what meds  I'm on would suddenly give me 10 *err* messages in a row. Why
would other health problems result in that, as well?

She had me do a test on the phone: *err*Oon my other meter I was 276.

She's sending me a strip that is an electronic tester to see if the meter is
working correctly, as well as a control solution. She's sending me a new box
of 100 strips and I'm to return the 53 unused strips in that box.

I do understand why the Q's of what's the exp. date, is it calibrated with
the correct code, etc., but why after using at least 130+ other tests with
this meter, would I get 11 *err* messages in a row?

Anyone have a clue?

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.