[IP] bolusing for fat

We currently are using a Htron pump, but will soon have the Cozmo. I know you
can do long-range bolusing for fat easier with this cozmo. Having never done
that before...how would you typically bolus for fat? With the Htron, we have
increased the basal to 150% for 2-4 hours but it is hit and miss. We spend
many nights correcting for a fatty dinner at Outback or Chili's, Pizza or even
his evening snack that seemed innocent...like Ritz Bitz with cheese. Our
biggest hurdle is feeling comfortable enough with corrections or 150%
overnight! It is scary because Kevin will not wake up with a low. SO, we check
ALOT during the night.

Kevin is usually at a good BG at 2-3 hours out from dinner...it is the 4-8
hours that is awful! We do corrections that normally would work, but with this
fat...it doesn't! Any light you can shed on how to do bolusing for high fat
with Htron or Cozmo...please HELP. We hope to be pumping with Cozmo at the end
of the week!

Mom to Kevin, 14, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99