Re: [IP] Medic-Alert question

Looking at mine right now and it says "Insulin Dependent Diabetic/Uses
Insulin Pump. Do not disconnect without physician approval" Medic Alert
helped me determine what to put on it.

  email @ redacted
  Sent by: To: email @ redacted
  email @ redacted cc:
  pumpers.org Subject: Re: [IP] Medic-Alert question
  03/01/2003 08:06 AM
  Please respond to IP

In a message dated 3/1/03 7:43:24 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< >>> What should I put about the pump? Advice appreciated.>>>

 >mine has "diabetes mellitus on insulin pump">

 Since Type 2 is ALSO diabetes mellitus, is that enough info? Many people
 think because we are adults, we are T-2's. Medical people *should* know
 (those who need to see the engraving) what IDDM means - Insulin Dependent
 Diabetes Mellitus. >>

Aw, geez! What is it with the type 2 bashing? :-)

I could also put "diabetes mellitus on insulin pump" -- which is true, even

though I am type 2. Although I just have "diabetes insulin pump" on my

Jan and ElvisToo