Re: [IP] bent needle

> I still use the bent needle because it was the most advanced infusion
> set available in 1995 when I started pumping.

I suppose "advanced infusion sets," are in the eye of the beholder.  When I
started pumping five years earlier, in 1990, I was quite happy that they had
the plastic cannula available for those of us who are squeamish about
keeping metal needles in our body.  I tried a metal needle, and found it
poked me and was quite unpleasant when pressed on.  The plastic cannula,
however, usually feels no more unpleasant than a scratch on the skin.  From
1990 until very recently, I've used the Sofsets.  It wasn't until 96 or 97
that I went ahead and started getting the disconnect sets.  Though they were
available before that, I simply didn't see the need to take it off.

Many people don't realize just how LONG that option (a plastic cannula with
nothing more than an introducer needle) has been available.  That truly is a
wonderful option, and personally, was the reason I was willing to give
pumping a try.  I consider the invention of the plastic cannula to be one of
the best improvements to pumping, far more valuable than the ability to
disconnect.  But that's just my opinion, YMMV.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990