[IP] basals

I am adjusting my 10 year old son's basals.  At his midnight checks he would
be higher than at bedtime, 160-170 vs. 100s.  I increased his basals from 8pm
to 12mn to .8U/hr.  His usual daytime basal is .4.  Has anyone heard/read
about preadoloescents needing more insulin during those periods?  Is there
anything else I need to be concerned about?
Lynne, mom to Luke 10, diagnosed 11/01.