Re: [IP] shipping pumps with batteries in

 The one time I have been disappointed with Animas service is when we got
a back up pump to take with us when we traveled. The first 10 days were
in DC and New York with Jenny's 8th grade school group. Immediately
following was a church mission trip to a rural area in Northern
California. That's went the batteries in the backup pump went low and
created a very loud alarm. I was so relieved  that the alarm happened in
a church social hall and not on the flight from NY City to LAX. I think
we would have learned more than we wanted to know about in-flight
security if the alarm had gone of on the plane. I suggested to Animas
that they not send loaner pumps with batteries installed.

Andrew Bender wrote:

  John LaMaide said:

         Does MM or other pump company or Glucose meter company ship new

  equipment with batteries installed?  No they don't, as they have no
  when it will first be used, setting on a shelf for months and the
  going dead..... There may be batteries partly in place or a strip of
  inserted to keep the contacts from touching
  Good luck and MM if your listening, Please correct me if I am wrong.
  Animas ships their pumps with the batteries in and the time set to
  Eastern Standard Time. Somehow they silence the pump so it does not
  siren because it is not running any basal program. On a swap out of a
  pump I get my new pump the next day, Im in Philly, They are in Frazer,
  30 miles west of Philly so it takes no time to send stuff back and
  forth. spot, in ice cold philly, full of ice mounds, a few major
  streets closed with huge mounds of snow.

  A L Bender. M, D.