Re: [IP] shipping pumps with batteries in

In a message dated 3/2/03 10:30:13 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> equipment with batteries installed?  No they don't, as they have no
> idea
> when it will first be used, setting on a shelf for months and the
> batteries
> going dead..... There may be batteries partly in place or a strip of
> plastic
> inserted to keep the contacts from touching
> Good luck and MM if your listening, Please correct me if I am wrong.
> <<<
> Animas ships their pumps with the batteries in and the time set to
> Eastern Standard Time. Somehow they silence the pump so it does not
> siren because it is not running any basal program. On a swap out of a
> pump I get my new pump the next day, Im in Philly, They are in Frazer,
> 30 miles west of Philly so it takes no time to send stuff back and
> forth. spot, in ice cold philly, full of ice mounds, a few major
> streets closed with huge mounds of snow.
> A L Bender. M, D.

      My new (I hope)  MM508 came with the batteries in it, and set to the
correct time.  last night, when I pushed the button to change the
screen,nothing happened.  I pushed it several times, then took it out of the
leather case and tried again and it worked.  Maybe it was the case, or I
didn't push hard enough, I don't know.  I was just thinking this morning, the
way it was shipped, already running, I hope it's a new machine.  I've only
had it since 6-02, it was ordered through my HMO.