Re: [IP] Re: Neurotherapy Centers - Washington, DC & Buffalo, NY

Yesterday, I had intended to send the email with this subject heading to the
help desk at IP and inadvertently sent it as a regular post.  I have
received several other emails about it so I thought I should make this post.
The virus infected email I received had as the sender the email name of one
of our IP members. I knew it was not sent by him/her but I  wanted to let IP
know that I had received it.

Sam Skopp, one of the volunteer Insulin Pumpers administrators, replied to
my email to let me know that they had tracked down the source of the virus
and the problem was being taken care of.

As Sam said, "You cannot get a virus directly from the list. All attachments
and program text are stripped out of all messages. However, you can get a
virus directly from someone who has your email address from the list."
Fortunately, I have good virus protection software on my PC AND I have an
internet provider, Road Runner, that strips viruses from emails prior to
sending them along to me. The email I sent yesterday was basically the email
Road Runner sent to me to let me know about the virus.

I have made sure I have the HELP@insulin-pumpers.org email address on file
now so I won't bother everyone with subsequent  messages of this nature. BTW
it's the second in just 2 weeks involving IP member address names SO be

Sue (Memphis)
Dx 01/29/02
Cozmo Pumping 01/07/03