Re: [IP] Re: Birth Control Pills & Decreased Insulin Needs (Was Unexplained L...

> > Birth control pills cause higher blood sugars.
> >

> Is there any birth control pill that has LESS of an effect on blood
sugars? I
> just got switched from Ortho Tri Cyclen to Yasmin which has lower levels
> hormones.

i never knew that the bcp had any effect on bg levels - neither my family
doc nor my endo has advised me to go off of it.  i know that the little
insert says that people with diabetes shouldn't be on the pill, but i
haven't had any problems yet.  i'm on the demulin 30, which has 0.03 mg of
estradiol, and 2mg of ethynodiol diacetate.  pretty low levels of hormones.