Re: [IP] surgery advice (a little long)

--  interesting , that this should come up. I just had "exploratory
surgery" this past thursday.

Let me just tell all of you (that is, those that are interested), it really
MESSED me up.

I only eat one meal a day... diner.
It seems, like the protein i get from diner, keeps "the boiler" (me) going
for the next 24 hours.

well, i had breakfast (not all that large), on Wednesday... No lunch, and
"chicken broth" for
dinner. I was hovering around 78. I DID have some "regular jello", which
is, i think 19 carbs per serving (4 per box),
which i thought, would give me a little energy, and bring my bs up a little

and GUESS WHAT. it DID NOTHING, to rase my bs.

I actually had to set the pump for an "temp basal" of 0, for 5 hours
wednesday evening.
at 7:00 on thursday, i was 78 (and could eat nothing), so, again, i removed
the pump.
my 8:30, i was around 128. the surgey was over by 10.

I ate lunch (high protein sandwitch), by bs started to rise a bit, but i
was still

I had a regular diner thursday night .
it took till thursday evening, to get "the boiler fired up" (me)  right again.
We are all different, and I, feeling my "new strength" , with my pump,
felt i could do what everyone else has to do. as always YMMV, but
for me... next time, ill talk a little more to my endo.....

BTW, if you find any spelling (or typing) mistakes, please dont let me know

PS. results were fine.

Most of what I have learned has been taught to me by others.
I guess that means I have to teach others what I have learned
Lately It Occurs To Me
What A Long Strange Trip Its Been
(R. Hunter)