Re: [IP] unexplained low??

I have also recently seen my morning #'s go a bit crazy. For several months,
they had been almost perfect - 70-110 nearly every morning. Then sometime in
January, I would wake up every morning either below 60 or above 170. Through
basal testing, I finally got my basal adjusted to get decent numbers, but
through the process, I discovered two new things (that weren't previously
true for me). #1 - while my normal correction ratio is 1:40, if I do a
correction before breakfast, I need to use a 1:160 ratio (yes, that much
difference). #2 - if I have a high fat (more than 20 g fat)/high carb
dinner, or any high fat snacks after dinner, I need extra insulin overnight
- even a dual wave over 3 hours wasn't catching a rise long after I had
eaten. Now I give myself a square wave of 1 unit over 6-8 hours at bedtime
if I've had any high-fat, high-carb foods during or after dinner. These two
together, along with the basal rate changes seem to be getting me back on
track. Don't know if this is anything like your situation, but I thought I'd

It is amazing to me how my insulin needs could suddenly change like that.
Around the same time, I went off the pill, and started taking vitamins in
preparation for trying to get pregnant. I'm guessing that's what caused the
change for me. And no, not pregnant yet, so I know it's not that causing the
difference. =)

Type 1 8 years, pumping 9 months with Buzz the MM Paradigm

<snip>and I think I may have figured out my problem.  Acutally, my morning