[IP] surgery advice

Hello All!!
I am having a surgery on Tuesday and can not eat anything after midnight on
Monday.  My endo and I discussed dropping my basal (a lot!) until after
surgery.  My surgery isn't until 12pm, which causes me some concern.  My
endo suggested eating as late as possible.  I was just wondering if anyone
had any advice on what kind of carb's "stay with you" the longest?  It has
been so long since I've had to "think" about something like what stays with
you???  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  (And yes, I complained a
great deal about the late surgery time!!)
                                     Thanks a bunch!
                                       Myndi Fletcher
                                   pumping with my paradigm