[IP] unexplained low??

I love this list.  Someone used their test strips, but their One Touch wasn't
callibrated to the same number as on the vial.  I read that and thought "Hmm,
sounds like something I would do."  Then today, the wierdest thing happened,
and I think I may have figured out my problem.  Acutally, my morning sugars
have been wierd lately, one morning I had a 400, then the next morning a 91,
then followed by a couple of 170's.  So I thought, time to do a night time
basil check again.  Haven't done it yet, am definately doing it tonight if I
can.  Anway, I wake up this am with a 294 at 7:00, frustrated, I take my
correction bolus 1 for 25 so I take 7 units, playing it safe.  Then I go
about my business and re-check at 9:00, and my BS is 118.  Ok, life is good,
right????  At 10:00 I have 2 pieces of banana bread which according to the
package would be about 92 carbs.  I take my 9 units.  Kids start showing up
at my house to work on a project and a mom comes in, she's also a friend, we
are talking and I tell her I don't feel so good, I think my sugar is dropp
ing.  It's hard to focus on her and what she is saying, so I invite her to
come with me to the kitchen to check and my BS is 33!!!  OMG!!!  I start
eating those glucose tabs like there is no tomorrow, I tried to count how
many, but I couldn't.  I sat down, asked her to pour me some Sprite and I
drink that.  She commented that I didn't look so good, I lost my color in my
lips.  After about 15 minutes of non-stop sugar binge I'm feeling better.  I
check and my BS is 94.  Of course it continued to creep up through out the
day, and I've been in panic mode, so I'm afraid to do too much of a
correction, so I'm slowly bringing it down, checking every hour.  As I'm
racking my brain, trying to figure this one out, it dawns on me that my
upstairs One Touch Ultra just got a new vial of strips about a week or so
ago.  Hmmmm, I just went up and checked and sure enough, the callibration
code was wrong.  I don't know exactly what happened today, I've never ever
came down so low before, this is my lowest recorded blood sugar.  I do know
that both of my One Touch's are now correctly callibrated to the test strips
:-), and like I said, if I can get a decent sugar by 9:00 pm I'll do a night
time basil check.  The other thing I'm thinking is that maybe my ratio is not
quite right any more, the other day I had 40 grams of carb, and at 1:8, I
gave myself 5 units and 2 hours later my BS was 64, that's why I changed it
to 1:9.  Should I try 1:10?  I also started taking vitamins last week on a
regular basis, does this affect blood sugars?