From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Phoenix Becker
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 6:45 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] re-primeing

email @ redacted writes:
>I've been changing just the res for months now and haven't noticed any
>problems with air. I do make sure I leave the tubing connected to me
>until I attach the new res, I assume no air can get in this way. If you

>disconnected at the site then change the res. there might be a an air

  I don't think this is safe. When I was trained the CDE emphatically
told me never to disconnect the tubing from the pump while it was still
attached to the infusion set. She said that the air pressure and moving
the tubing around could deliver  some of the insulin in the tubing.
Especially if you raise the tubing above the level of the infusion set.
Please consider disconnecting before changing the reservoir; you can
always reprime the old tubing. Phoenix