Re: [IP] Medic-Alert question

In a message dated 3/1/03 10:49:02 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< >In a message dated 3/1/03 7:43:24 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
 >email @ redacted writes:
 ><< >>> What should I put about the pump? Advice appreciated.>>>
 >  >mine has "diabetes mellitus on insulin pump">
 >  Since Type 2 is ALSO diabetes mellitus, is that enough info? Many people
 >  think because we are adults, we are T-2's. Medical people *should* know
 >  (those who need to see the engraving) what IDDM means - Insulin Dependent
 >  Diabetes Mellitus. >>
 >Aw, geez! What is it with the type 2 bashing? :-)
 >I could also put "diabetes mellitus on insulin pump" -- which is true, even
 >though I am type 2. Although I just have "diabetes insulin pump" on my
 >Jan and ElvisToo
 And when you think about it, J&E Too, aren't we ALL "insulin
 dependant"?   Even those without any type of the Diabeasties!     ;>)
 (who wants "Do NOT Remove Under Penalty of Death!  MINE!!" on his pump) >>

Yep. Come to think of it, I was at a diabetes program once where the question
was asked: "Quick! How many people use insulin?"

The answer? "All of 'em!"

Jan ElvisToo