Re: [IP] Medic-Alert question

In a message dated 3/1/03 7:43:24 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< >>> What should I put about the pump? Advice appreciated.>>>
 >mine has "diabetes mellitus on insulin pump">
 Since Type 2 is ALSO diabetes mellitus, is that enough info? Many people
 think because we are adults, we are T-2's. Medical people *should* know
 (those who need to see the engraving) what IDDM means - Insulin Dependent
 Diabetes Mellitus. >>

Aw, geez! What is it with the type 2 bashing? :-)

I could also put "diabetes mellitus on insulin pump" -- which is true, even
though I am type 2. Although I just have "diabetes insulin pump" on my

Jan and ElvisToo