[IP] Re: Easter treats

> <<And does anyone have any tricks for counting those big hollow easter
> bunnies
> etc as far as carbs?>>

Hi Shelly,
     Do you have a gram scale?  It is really so useful.  When Claire has
something big and yummy, that she won't eat all in one sitting, this is what
we do.  She weighs the item and we note the weight.  She nibbles or chews or
sucks the lollipop or chocolate bunny until she has had enough and then
weighs the item again, to see how much she has consumed.  Then I help her
figure out the amount of carbs and she gives her bolus.  This has worked very
well for us as her insulin seems to kick in very quickly.
     Milk chocolate is about 55% carbs.  Other sugary sweets are almost 100%
carbs, (try to read the ingredient list) though Claire sometimes goes low
after sweets, so this is probably a bit of an overestimate.
     Do you know the carbs in the Cadbury Caramilk egg, same size as the
Creme Egg?  Is it also 29 carbs?  I guessed it to be about 24 carbs the other

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7