Re: [IP] frequency of site change

At 4:57 AM -0800 3/31/02, sarah levi wrote:
>First, thanks to all who answered me regarding bg
>A question to experienced pump users who use the
>Silhouette infusion set -- how often is it *really*
>necessary to change the site? What does the decision
>to change the site depend on?

If it's uncomfortable, change it. If it's been 5 days, change it. :-)
The reasoning behind the latter (and everyone has to make their own
decisions) is to promote healthy tissue over the long haul. I want to
be able to use my pump 15 years from now, but I've heard of some
people having trouble with absorption after a number of years on the
pump. My doctor feels that not overtaxing one's sites can help to
avoid these problems.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Jenny Nash
email @ redacted
Type 1 diabetes since 1/31/73, pumping on a D. since 10/3/95.