From: Peggy A Oberg <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re:Charcot

I am interested in hearing from folks who have dealt with Charcot...what
brought it on, how it was treated, how long it took to heal,
etc...anything that might encourage me as I deal with this very slow
process. I turned my foot on a doormat early last June (2001) and
fractured the bone in my heel completely through. For the first several
months even though I was be treated by an orthopedic surgeon, he had no
expertise with charcot, so it went several months without diagnosis and
virtually no treatment ("wear good sneakers and use a cane")  Now I see a
doctor who seems to really know her stuff, she has me in a velcro boot,
putting no weight on it using crutches and I even do my office job from a
wheelchair now. This membership if full of experts on what seems to be
limitless subjects...can anyone offer me some advice? Thanks bunches!Get more
from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com