Re: [IP] weight gain on the pump

Greetings, I'm just across the river at the King Arthur Bakery, I'm the
Pastry Chef.  Just teamed up with Dr. Levy at MHMH.

When I went onto the pump about 5 years ago, I wanted to maintain a
stable weight, and I did.  Spent two months hiking Europe on the pump,
and dropped 30 pounds do to the increased activity.  Moved to the UV,
bought a car, changed my work schedule and have put on 15.  I guess what
I'm trying to say is that you may or may not gain weight.

I think that the ability of not having to 'feed the insulin' is a major
lifestyle adjustment with the pump.  In my case it has led to some over
indulgence on occasion <g>.

I would not go so far as to say that the pump will cause weight gain.
Rather it is how each of us decides to use it, given the life we choose
to live.

Good luck,
On Friday, March 29, 2002, at 04:07  PM, email @ redacted

> Has anyone experienced weight gain after starting on the pump?  I have
> been doing MDI for 2 years and have maintained my weight.  Can I expect
> to gain once I start on the pump?
Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '95, MM507 since '98