[IP] birth control pills

I've also been having a frustrating experience with birth control
pills. I started a little over a month ago taking Mircette. I had my
endocrinologist talk to my gynocologist and everyone Ok'd Mircette. The
pill seems to affect my insulin resistance and there are periods
(frequently in the middle of the night) when I can't seem to bring my
bs down and I feel sick and awful and stressed about the highs. I'm
frustrated by the fact my endo and gyno, even though they are aware of
the issue and have spoken to each other, don't seem to have any
specific knowledge about blood sugars and the pill. I think I've
decided to quit taking Mircette today, but I'm eager to hear if there
are other varieties that folks have had better luck with.

Katie McGovern
age 27, pumping for 4 months