RE: [IP] help!

> At 01:59 PM 3/28/2002, Karen Burton wrote:
>  >I went to the doctor last week and they told me that I
>  >had to lose 50 pounds and get my A1c under 7 or they
>  >were going to take me off the pump therapy.
	I am a type 1.5, and I'm more than 50 pounds overweight, but my
A1c's are usually below 6 on the pump.  Frankly, you have a much better shot
at getting under 7 on the pump than not.  Your doctor's goals for you are
reasonable, but his method of approaching them is nonsense.  If you hear any
more about this, start shopping for a new doctor with less attitude.  Being
on the pump is not some privilege that he can lord over you to get you to
modify your behavior.  Craziness...